Creative ways to use a content calendar
This article talks about how you can use your content calendar effectively by coming up with creative ideas for the kinds of things you’ll be writing each month.
Aug 15, 2021
Disclaimer: The information provided is not financial, investment, tax, or other advice. Nothing contained constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer to buy or sell any securities or any other financial instruments. Links may be affiliates. For more information read the disclaimer.
Welcome to the Blogging Business Owner newsletter! If you’re new subscribe below so you don’t miss my weekly updates on business and blogging!
I post threads on Twitter about business and blogging!
Give me a follow @BlogBizOwner and like and share this post, it helps me out a lot.
With that out of the way, let’s dive in!
Creative content creators know that they need to stay on top of their game, and that means using the right tools. One of those is a content calendar. This blog post will teach you how to use one effectively by giving you some creative ideas for what kind of things you can write about in your posts each month.
Content Ideas for Fall
The fall is a time when many people turn to the outdoors for their activities. You can capitalize on that trend by posting original, useful information in your blog, including:
- Adventure some things to do during the fall season.
- Tips about planning outdoor activities with family and friends.
- How-to tips for getting ready (and staying safe) when heading out into nature on a hike or other adventure.
- DIY projects using natural materials.
Content Ideas for Winter
Winter is one of the busiest times of the year. As people spend more time indoors, they spend more time on their computers and phones, and that means your blog posts can get a lot of views. You can capitalize on that trend with themes about:
- Holiday gift guides.
- Tips for decorating your house for the winter season.
- Holidays around the world (some of which are celebrated in winter, including Christmas and Hanukkah).
- Tips for staying healthy and active when you’re trapped indoors (this includes avoiding weight gain as well as healthy eating ideas).
Content Ideas for Spring
Spring is a time of renewal not just in nature, but also among humans. People want to feel rejuvenated, and they spend a lot of time outdoors to help them with that. You can capitalize on this trend by doing posts about:
- How to use spring as motivation for getting healthy and fit.
- Healthy recipes using fresh ingredients that are in season in the spring.
- Tips for getting your body ready for summer.
- Tips for reducing stress during the busy time of year (especially if you’re an entrepreneur).
Content Ideas for Summer
During the summer months, people like to spend time outdoors when the weather is nice. This means you have a lot of time to plan your blog posts. You can plan ahead by doing themes about:
- How to keep kids engaged and active during the summer, including lessons about staying healthy and building self-esteem.
- Summertime adventures (for example, camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities).
- How to stay on budget during the months when most people are off from work but still need some income.
A successful content calendar is a key to staying organized and keeping your readers engaged. By planning blog posts and putting them on a schedule, you can make sure that you always have a new post to share.
Read the full blog post at blogging business owner and listen to the podcast. Subscribe to my newsletter on Substack’s free or paid plan.
What I can do for you
- I can show you how to earn money
- I share and teach strategies and resources that have saved me hours and stress on how to run an online blogging business — saving you time and money!
Founding Members Perks
Get the podcast commercial-free.